Global Investors Summit or GIS is a biennial summit organized by Madhya Pradesh state government in Indore, the commercial capital of central India to attract domestic and foreign investment for development of Madhya Pradesh state. GIS 2014 was organized from 8-10 October, 2014 in Brilliant Convention Centre in the city. Top names in Indian business who participated in the event were Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani, Cyrus Mistry, YC Deveshwar and Gautam Adani etc. Six countries including Australia, South Africa and Canada were partner-nations at the event.
Of these investment plans, major investment are~
• Setting up an air cargo hub at Indore, for which 500 hectares of land would be acquired near existing Devi Ahilyabai Holkar Airport.
• Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group will enhance its integrated power plants in Madhya Pradesh at an investment of Rs 25000 crores.
• HUDCO to invest Rs 2,000 crore to strengthen urban water supply and urban infrastructure development schemes.
• MTech Metals & Mining has inked MoU to invest Rs 9,000 crore in an integrated steel plant and an auto park to be set up in Jabalpur division.
• Future Group plans to invest Rs 2,500 crore for an integrated food park and to create jobs for 21,400 people.
• Vellore Institute of Technology plans to invest Rs 500 crore to set up a university in the state.
• Bharat Forge will invest Rs 1,880 crore to set up a steel plant at Shahdol and auto-component plants near Indore.
• Tata Consultancy Services will invest Rs 410 crore in Indore to create 12,000 jobs.
• Steel Authority of India Limited plans to invest Rs 5000 crore in an iron plant at Chhatarpur.
• Stem Learning Ltd plans to invest Rs 80 crore to train 20,000 students
• Rockland Hospital will invest Rs 300 crore in a super-speciality hospital.
• NTPC has inked an MoU to invest Rs 9000 crore to set up a 1,200 MW thermal power station at Khargon.
• American Copper Limited plans to invest Rs 1856 crore in a 500 metric tonnes per annum copper plant in Balaghat.